Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More comments....

To Yazzz:
First I must say that I love how much you write in most of your blogs. it shows that your not just bullshitting and you actually are serious about what you are writing about. And thanks for doing and making up the homework so I could read and comment them<3

I really like how you are able to figure out your main idea about each blog and and give examples and insights and always state it back to your main idea. For example you mention what a mirror is and how a mirror can at times be a hammer as well. You give examples of the book Feed and from your own personal effects. You restated this back to your main idea about hammers and mirrors.

Your idea relate a lot to what many people think of this whole mirror and hammer idea. That a mirror reflects, showing your flaws and your true image being able to see your true flaws maybe forcing someone to want to change which would also be related as a hammer as well.

I think that we are able to figure out the main idea and get examples but there could be some way we can expand from this and create more insights. maybe like how else can something be as a mirror or and example. Which is better? Does it acutally ever work. Since a mirror can show someone there flaws or whats wrong with them but not always necessarily acts as a hammer and change. So how would you skip the whole mirror idea and just focus on how can something be just a hammer?

This makes me consider my own idea for how you can develop your post. I just thought a little bit about how can something be just a hammer. When thinking of this, a hammer can be used to break something. Is it actually correct to break something and force it to change? Hammers are also used to nail something in place. So is this idea of a hammer basically used to nail us into a better place? Forcefully causing a change.

Well thanks again for doing the homework, im really surprise you were able to catch up so quick! See you in class :)

To Conor:
Oh conor conor conor... :)
I appreciate your ability to notice main points in each of your blogs and your person connections you make in most of your blogs. And thanks for acutally doing some assignments for me to read over.

I think many of us agree that the video game excerpt was the most interesting, I do not know about the television though but it definitly is different for everyone. I like the example you bring up of yourself and the way you watch television and how it may be a good example of Johnson's key points in the television excerpt.

I think that your blog can definitly connect to everyone's experiences with television. Especially for me, I am able to definetly predict certain situations and notice certain contradictions or clever ideas that is put in certain movies or shows. Sometimes I also think about whether it was intentional and the intents of the director or script writer. I think that both Tobin and Johnson have key ideas that connect to many teenager's experiences with technology. Whether they are wrong or right for us is probably the main idea that we need to focus on.

Your a really smart person, and I am sure you have a lot of ideas that you can expand on more. FOr example the fact that you write that you are not so sure if you can apply the same ideas that Johnson has for television for video games. Maybe you can expand on this and explain how so? Or why? Instead of just stating the differences between the two books you can maybe develope this a little more and be more in depth with whose literature is more on your side. Who is more correct and why? Why both may be correct or wrong. Whatever comes to mind.

Your blog makes me think a lot more about the connection between Feed and Everything Bad is Good for you. I feel that maybe i can look into both books a little more and think about the key points and connect them Feed's allegory and Johnson's point, see if they are correct by connecting them with more experiences with other people and myself.

Well thanks again for writing your post!! See you in class! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment