Friday, February 5, 2010

Cool Video Project

Me and other people in my group (Samantha, Anias, Granit) made our video in the gym. Anias's scene is by far the best in my opinion. He did a great job. :) Its not the best video every but basically shows all the points of views of certain people and how they interact or what Andy calls "face".

Untitled from Cloe on Vimeo.


I guess one thing I would like people to notice more is how people interact or try to act cool or what people see as cool. One place that a lot of "coolness" takes place is definitely the gym. My idea of this video is either to show what people feel is cool for them during gym class. And to really show how people are separated into different groups in the gym which is like different roles they are playing. For example, there are the guys playing basketball trying to make the shot to impress each other and the people watching, there are the girls who sit on the side doing homework, listening to music, talking and gossiping. There are the athletic kids/ girls who play volleyball, sing, dance, and basically project their voice for people to hear the best they can. And then there are the people playing settle games like ping pong that isn't a game like basketball, it doesn't involve showing up your skills and each taking turns with the paddle. These are basically some of the roles people play and the way they do it in the specific setting of the gym.
We all definitely contributed a good amount to this video. We were all in the video (our point's of view) obviously doing different things. Mainly doing what we would usually do during gym which made the shooting process pretty easy. Anias did a really impressive job being able to do a layup with a camera in one hand. :)
We basically came up with an idea of different perspectives and interactions during gym. We then distributed which parts we would shoot and the order we would put it in. My contribution was the second scene in the video, I also did the majority of the really amateur editing of the video using Windows movie maker.
I think making art is cool. I come from a really artsy family so growing up I felt it was uncool if you did not have some sort of artistic talent like singing, dancing, painting. My artistic talent that is more noticed in my family is sketching and paining. My dad's is singing, and he use to play the guitar when he was younger. My brother's (if you consider a type of art) is making ware hammer pieces and painting them, he is actually really good at sketching too surprisingly. So I always tried to show off the fact that I can be artistic to try to be cool. So yeah, I think art is cool. My ability to do videos though is not that cool since I am not that great at it, so obviously filming is not my type of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment