Monday, November 2, 2009

Outline Suggestions

To Conor
Hey Conor,
I think that your at a good direction at the momment and your examples are pretty good from the book and the movie and your own examples. Maybe you should include a little about your own insights and opinions of how these examples connect back to your thesis. Or also how it may effect your life on a daily bases. In the end you these examples to see if your theory is correct or true. I think with more thought and drafts it will turn out pretty well. Im looking forwards to what you will write. :)

To Yazmin
From reading your outline it seems as if your thesis is leaning towards the big "why" question. Reasons for our addictions to digitalization. I think you have some good ideas from your own personal experiences but you should definitely use some ideas from discussions and especially stuff from class or homework such as the book Feed. Your are such a good reader that I am sure you were able to point out things in the book that would definitely be great examples. Such as the teenagers addictions to their feeds in the book.
I used your as an example in my outline (and will probably use you as a small example in my paper) as we are both addicted to different types of digital device. How does that relate to your somewhat thesis? You are probably having the same problem as I am of choosing "the positives" or "the negatives to technology". From reading your blog and thinking it over I am going more towards the negatives side. The literature by that Johnson guy tries to make a point about the special skills we are able to gain from technology but I realized that maybe it is those skills that help us use our technology so well. Maybe you can use my idea to help you broaden yours as well. Your a smart girl (when you want to be) and I am sure you will be able to catch up soon. Good Luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment